We’ve got a busy 2020 coming up and are looking for a Trainee Consultant to join our friendly team to help us keep doing the right thing right.
We need someone who can provide support to our core team in delivering our behaviour change work – this could take the form of research, evaluating data, writing social media content, proofreading, coordinating meetings and events.
It’s a varied, exciting role, and you’ll have the opportunity to work across a wide range of clients tackling health, environmental and social issues. While we are looking for someone with a level of experience, we will also provide on-the-job training – a keen attitude and willingness to learn will make you stand out. Take a look at some of our work to learn a bit more about us.
We’re looking for someone who can:
- Support and carry out research relating to behaviour change – including identifying relevant academic research and campaigns reviews
- Compile/collate and analyse data for evaluation purposes
- Support the team in developing and sharing social media content
- Monitor news – e.g. parliamentary activity, items related to current clients or campaigns, relevant issues
- Coordinate diaries, arranging meetings, travel and accommodation
- Prepare accurate written content such a social media content, reports and project plans
- Proofread and format documents, transcribe and take notes
- Organise team cultural/social events
- Contribute to the smooth running of the office e.g. through preparations for meetings, ordering office supplies etc
Essential to the role:
- Excellent writing and verbal communications skills
- Passion for social change
- Strong working knowledge of research methodology
- A social science degree – or alternative equivalent professional experience
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office or comparable software
- Enthusiasm and a keen interest in all aspects of the business
- An ability to work to deadlines and adapt under pressure
- An instinct to ask the right questions and learn fast
- Experience of WordPress or other content management systems
- An understanding of the main social media platforms and how to use them
- Experience researching academic journals
- Up-to-date knowledge in social science research
- Good working knowledge of recent behavioural science research publications
- Experience of email marketing (e.g. Mailchimp) and Google Apps
- Proficiency in picture and video editing
You will need to be:
- Organised – plan, organise and schedule in an efficient manner. Focus on key priorities and stick to deadlines
- Meticulous and thorough – pay attention to detail and leave no stone unturned
- A team player – ensure individual activities fit with the bigger picture and strategic objectives
- Proactive – bring forward new ideas and if you have a suggestion, suggest it!
- News savvy – interested in the news, media and current affairs as well as in digital and emerging technologies
- Creative/innovative – we’re interested in innovative approaches to problems and welcome your unique contribution to campaigns across the agency
- Flexible/adaptable – it’s a fast-paced environment so we all have to adjust quickly to changing priorities and conditions
- Socially aware – the world around us is our business
- Ambitious – we want to see your personal drive and a passion and aptitude for learning new skill
The role is full time and would be based in our Clerkenwell office, and we’re very happy to discuss flexible working options. We welcome applications from all backgrounds.
If you’re organised, tenacious, proactive and want to join our vibrant, socially aware and growing company, send a cover letter explaining how you feel you meet out our requirements along with your CV to Emily.firstname.lastname@example.org
To download the job description, click here
Friday 28 February 2020 – application deadline
w/c 9 March – successful applicants contacted
w/c 16 March – interviews/assessments
Job type: 12 month FTC (flexible working available)
Salary: £22k pro rata plus contributory pension, 21 days holidays plus 5 days at Christmas and New Year. Onsite gym and wellness events.