Apply to become our new Junior Consultant
Job description: Junior Consultant
Contract type: initial 6-month contract, with view to permanent (full or part time)
Reporting to: Senior Consultant, Azim Arsiwala
Location: Can be predominantly home or office based, but postholder is required to travel to London office most Mondays
Salary: £32,000 pro rata
Claremont is a leading behaviour change communications agency. We help governments, charities and brands to use behavioural science and co-design to solve real world problems and change lives for the better. We do research, insight, strategy, messaging, creative, delivery and more.
- We are picky about who we work with and what causes we champion. We are happy to work with an organisation from any sector and from anywhere in the world, but we only do work that contributes to social good.
- Our people really care. We don’t waste time with tiresome virtue signalling but we do have opinions on social justice and we’re committed to using our skills and experience to make a difference.
- We believe in the mantra of “nothing about me without me”. Behaviour change communications are more effective when campaigns are planned alongside people not for people. We listen, pay attention to small details and respect the expertise of lived experience.
- We believe in fairness and we treat people well. Staff, associates, clients, suppliers. We do our best to live our values in the way we work: flexible working, sensible hours, respect for people’s right to a healthy work-life balance. We aim to foster a supportive, enjoyable work culture where people treat each other like adults and are given enough trust, autonomy and support to do their best work.
- We strive for high standards all the time, in all we do. We only share work with clients when it is ready and has been fully considered. We take pride in offering a quality of thinking and delivery that most agencies cannot reach.
- We do our best work when we build collaborative relationships with clients. We don’t shroud our work in mystery. We use evidence-based, validated theoretical models and frameworks. We share our workings, we evidence our opinions, we hypothesise, test, learn and adapt.
About the role:
Claremont is a small, high performing core team working in partnership with a wider network of trusted freelance associates and partners. The work we do is fast-paced, rigorous and often focused on knotty problems that we are trying to unpick for our clients and the audiences they are seeking to engage. The Junior Consultant role will sit at the heart of Claremont and offers a brilliant opportunity to experience the breadth of client work we undertake, and to collaborate across the core team of Senior Consultants and Directors. This is a busy, exciting role that promises pace, variety and challenge across inspiring and motivational projects.
Summary of main duties:
- Project management support, including managing timelines, drafting and circulating meeting agendas and producing status reports and meeting notes.
- Supporting Claremont’s core team with a variety of tasks, including logistics, bookings, general administration and client-facing activities.
- Completing desktop research tasks to fulfil client needs, to support Claremont in pursuing new business and for improving internal knowledge on key themes.
- Engaging / liaising with external stakeholders and/or community organisations on client projects where required
- Supporting on the monitoring and development of Claremont’s processes and tech stack, bringing a critical eye to our systems, and identifying efficiencies and opportunities to innovate.
- Contributing to Claremont’s marketing programme, including supporting our events series, content creation for our social media channels, blog writing and newsletter contributions.
- Working with our financial team to ensure Claremont’s activity is accurately planned and reported.
- Contributing positively to the culture of Claremont with an agile and can-do approach, adaptable to the changing needs and priorities of the agency and the landscape in which we work.
Skills, knowledge and experience required:
- At least 2-3 years’ experience in a fast-paced work environment
- A good verbal and written communicator, confident both internally and with clients / external stakeholders
- A keen eye for detail and accuracy, even under time pressure
- Project management experience
- Ability to be adaptable and work quickly and flexibly across a diverse range of tasks and initiatives, managing own time effectively
- Strong IT skills (especially with Microsoft Office, but familiarity with Dropbox, Google Workspace and Slack an advantage)
- An enthusiasm to stay abreast of new technologies and the changing external environment
- Demonstrable passion for social change
- At least basic understanding of behavioural science and/or co-design
Desirable (we don’t expect you to meet all these criteria):
- Experience working in an agency and/or with agencies
- Experience working in or with charities and/or the public sector
- Academic background in, or depth of understanding of, behavioural psychology and the application of behavioural science to social problems
How to apply
Send your CV and a short covering letter outlining how you meet the criteria in the job spec to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use the subject line ‘Junior Consultant Application’.
The deadline for applications is 5pm on 29 August. Interviews will take place on 7 September and 11 September.